Table 301 Covid-19 Policies & Procedures
As times continue to change, and restrictions and rules evolve, we would like to take this opportunity to list several of the things we are doing to create the safest environment possible as we slowly re-open our indoor and outdoor dining areas to the public. As we have stressed before, our industry has always had extremely high standards and procedures in place from a food safety standpoint to protect our employees and the public. The biggest changes you will notice will be that more of the steps to ensure cleanliness will be performed in more visible areas and available for both staff and guests.
While we are excited about the opportunity to welcome people to dine with us again, the safety of our staff, guests, vendors and all their families are of utmost importance to us. We’re doing everything in our power to ensure our actions are keeping everyone safe and healthy and appreciate your patience with our plans and this “new normal”.
Here are many of the items that you can rest assured will be taking place in all of our establishments as we re-open.
- We recommend and encourage our guests to wear a face covering into the restaurant and when walking around the restaurant, only removing when seated at their dining table. We’d also like to remind our guests that the recent Governor’s new mandate now also asks that face coverings be worn in the restaurant whenever not at your table.
- Tables will be spaced a minimum of 6’ from table edges to adjacent table edges and no more than 8 guests (all part of the same reservation) will be seated together
- At all times employees and guests should adhere to a minimum 6’ social distancing (we know there will be times that this is next to impossible as we take an order at a table or pass each other in our steps of service – but we’re going keep these potential instances to as few as possible)
- Hard surfaces, tables, chairs, condiments, and touch points will be sanitized after each seating
- We will use single use menus that will be disposed of once the guest has placed their order. In addition, guests can access menus online via their phones using custom QR codes.
- Employees are to remain at home if they feel in any way generally unwell
- All staff will administer a personal health screening during a 2-hour window prior to coming to work that will send the manager an “all clear”, something of “concern”, or “stay at home” notification. Once all “cleared” associates have completed the test, we will have an “all clear” to work notice for managers knowing that all associates are healthy and not showing any signs of health concerns.
- In addition to the health screening App, each associate will submit to a forehead temperature scan prior to entering the workplace and managers will keep a daily log of names and temperatures clearing anyone to work who registers a temperature BELOW 100.4. Anyone registering 100.4 or higher will be sent home and asked to further monitor themselves.
- All service and culinary associates will wear protective face coverings
- Bussers clearing tables will use “single use” gloves for clearing the tables. When they place dirty dishes in the dishwash area, they will remove the gloves, dispose of them, properly wash their hands and sanitize them before returning to the dining room
- We will provide as many “touchless” systems as possible and we will do everything possible to create “one way” traffic patterns for employees and guests
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance to each restaurant
- Signage posted reminding guests to not enter the establishment if they do not feel well or have had any signs of coughing, sneezing, or a fever
- Signage posted reminding guests and staff to cough or sneeze into a cloth, tissue, or inside of elbow
- Signage posted reminding guests and staff to avoid shaking hands or engaging in unnecessary physical contact
- There will be a Certified Food Protection Manager on site at all times
- Each associate will have passed the nationally approved Serve Safe Certification program
- Each shift there will be one associate assigned to role of “Sanitation Engineer” to ensure all standard operating procedures regarding safety and sanitation are being observed during that shift
The restaurants of yesterday were extremely safe and full of safety systems in relation to food handling, service, and technique all while having the ability to provide the highest level of service to our guests. The restaurants of today will only increase the intensity and levels of safety systems, which will in some ways diminish some of the uniqueness and creativity restaurants have been known for. During this time of change, you may notice your dishes not being cleared as timely, but this is in an effort to minimize the number of interactions a server has to have with a guest. Our checkbacks to your table may be fewer and we will rely on eye contact to see that you need something from us, but seeing none, we will stay away from long visits at your table. Our menus and branding will not be the same with single use, lower quality paper. But rest assured, the product we serve you will not change or be any different because of these changes. The restaurants of today are here to stay for the foreseeable future and we are “All In” to make it the best experience it can be amid the changes to ensure it is the safest experience it can be.
We want to let you know that if you are not ready to come out to dinner yet, that is 100% ok and we respect that. We know that there are a lot of you that just aren’t ready and you are wise to remain at home and away from gatherings. For you, each of our restaurants will continue the Curbside Pick Up menus and we will look forward to serving you in any way we can – whether at our restaurants or through take out service.
Thank you for your continued support of all of us – it is appreciated more than you know.
FAQ – Table 301 Covid-19 Policies
Please find below additional information concerning Table 301 health and safety policies. Reducing the risk for Covid-19 exposure to our guests and staff is always our highest priority. As new information becomes available, Table 301 may modify these policies with or without notice.
Q. What measures has Table 301 put into place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 for guests and staff?
A. Table 301 has taken many measures to protect our guests and our associates by minimizing the risk of contracting Covid-19 in any of our restaurants.
- All associates are required to complete a personal health assessment, including taking their temperature, prior to arriving at work
- Upon arrival for work, a forehead temperature scan will be taken on each associate before he/she is cleared to work
- Associates with a temperature of 100.4 or higher are required to stay home until they go at least 24 hours without a temperature of 100.4 or higher without the use of temperature reducing medications
- All Associates are required to wear face masks while on company property and in company vehicles.
- All Associates are expected to practice appropriate social distancing.
- Dining room floor plans are organized to maintain social distancing between tables.
- All Associates are required to wash hands frequently and have autonomy to politely hold each other accountable.
- Hard surfaces in the restaurants are disinfected regularly. Tables and chairs in the dining-room are disinfected after each party leaves and before another is seated.
- All Table 301 hourly associates are Servsafe Food Handler certified.
- All Table 301 managers are Servsafe Food Handler as well as Servsafe Food Protection Manager certified
Q. Will Table 301 Restaurants close if an associate tests positive for Covid-19?
A. Yes if:
- The associate was exhibiting symptoms and worked in the restaurant within the past two days and SCDHEC or local Medical Officials advise to close
- Multiple associates test positive in the same time-period and the restaurant staff or management were negligent in our safety procedures and SCDHEC or Local Medical Officials advise to close
- The associate tested positive but exhibited no symptoms
- The associate didn’t work for several days prior to being tested, and no other associates are experiencing symptoms
- Table 301 restaurant may close for lunch only, in either case above, in order to take extra time to disinfect hard surfaces, and allow for staffing substitutions as needed.
Q. How long will the Table 301 restaurant be closed as a result of an associate exhibiting symptoms and testing positive for Covid-19?
A. The restaurant may close for a minimum of 24 hours, and as long as it takes to:
- Make it safe for staff to disinfect the restaurant (wearing appropriate PPE)
- Properly and thoroughly disinfect the restaurant prior to opening
Q. Will associates be required to test for Covid-19 following an associate positive test?
A. Yes. We will recommend that any employee that has worked with the positive employee get tested. However, we have found that often people have not been able to get tested unless they have shown symptoms, regardless of having worked with someone who is positive
Q. Will associates work pending results of their Covid-19 test.
A. If they are asymptomatic and strictly adhere to the Standard Operational Practices for safety, they will be allowed to work pending the results of the test.
- If they are not comfortable working, they will be allowed to quarantine at home until they receive the results
Q. If an associate tests positive for Covid-19, when can they return to work
A. Following SCDHEC and CDC guidelines, the associate may return to work following a 14-day quarantine and
- The associate must show no symptoms for at least 7 days
- The associate must not have a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines for at least 3 days
Q. Could these policies be changed?
A. As new information becomes available, Table 301 may modify these policies with or without notice. Reducing the risk for Covid-19 exposure to our guests and staff is the highest priority.
Q. Whom can I contact if I have more questions?
A. For further questions, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com, or by phone: (864)232-7007